Bits & Bobs

Do you give much thought to the extra little bits and bobs that make up a holiday? You could be forgiven for just focusing on the good stuff, i.e. the sun, sea and sangria, but really you need to think a little about how you’re actually going to get from A to B.

Take getting to the airport for example. My sister totally forgot to even organize how she was going to get from home to the terminal door until a few days before she was due to jet off. She just totally forgot because she was far too focused on the actual going away part of the whole palava. Luckily she booked her Cardiff Airport parking spot as soon as she realized.

It’s for this reason that as soon as I get my flight booked; I sort out the logistics of getting myself and my luggage from my front door, to the airport safely. To do this I head over to ParkBCP and book my parking spot as soon as I press ‘book’ on the flight side of things. This way I know I don’t forget, and booking earlier will always get you the better deals.

I also always drive myself to the airport, and don’t even consider booking a train or coach. I’ve had too many nightmares with public transport and holiday combinations to go back on it now, and I’ve never had a bad experience when I’ve driven myself. It’s always worthwhile looking into this option if you are able to drive yourself, because the convenience it brings really adds a stress-free start to your break, and if you’re travelling with children, or you have an early flight, it makes your whole travel day simply easier. Most large UK airports, as well as more regionally, offer a service, so simply look into what’s available at your terminal.

Like my sister, it’s easy to forget the sensible parts of a holiday, not only how you’re going to get to the airport, but also the other stuff, such as insurance. Do you forget about this completely, or do you think ‘I’ll do it later’? Personally I always find the best option is to book an annual policy at the start of the year and then you don’t have to think about it again until it’s time to renew it, when more often than not the company will send you a letter telling you’re they’re doing it automatically. Never ever be tempted to travel without insurance, it’s simply not worth the risk.

It’s a simple piece of advice really – the next time you’re booking a holiday, before you start to get all giddy with excitement, think about the other stuff before your mind wanders, and that way, you won’t have any pre-holiday worries or mishaps.

0 Comments

google.com, pub-5448445169037157, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0