|THE CHOCOLATE HILLS|
Most people which first discovered the actual Chocolates Hills can't hardly believe are naturally made.The Chocolate Hills a geological formation in Bohol Province are probably Bohol’s most famous tourist attraction of the province.
The Chocolate Hills is compose of no less than 1268 hills but it is said that there may be as many as 1,776 hills spread over an area of more than 50 square kilometers (20 sq mi). These unique mound-shaped hills are scattered by the hundreds throughout the towns of Carmen, Batuan and Sagbayan in Bohol. (wikipedia)
|The flat surface in between hills are mostly rice fields and trees.|
According to a myth, long time ago the story of two feuding giants who hurled rocks, boulders, and sand at each other. The fighting lasted for days, and exhausted the two giants. In their exhaustion, they forgot about their feud and became friends, but when they left they forgot to clean up the mess they had made during their battle, hence the Chocolate Hills.
HOW TO GET THERE
HOW TO GET THERE
* If you’re coming from Cebu, you can take the fast craft (Ocean Jet around P500). The travel time is less than 2 hours.
* From the Tagbilaran port, you ride a tricycle to the bus terminal in Dao .
* At the terminal, you ride a bus/van headed to Buenos Aires, Carmen. The travel time is 1 hour and 30 minutes to two hour. The bus will stop at the Chocolate Hills or ask the driver/conductor to drop you off at the Chocolate Hills.
* From Cebu, you can take the M/V Star Craft to Tubigon port.
* From the Tubigon port, you ride a multicab/bus (P50 per person) to Poblacion Carmen.
* From Poblacion Carmen, you ride a bus headed to Tagbilaran City and ask the driver to drop you off at the Chocolate Hills.
Visiting Bohol would never be complete without paying a visit to this place
The 1,776 Chocolate Hills of Bohol Reviewed by The Backpack Man on 4:00:00 PM Rating: