First destination, Chocolate Hills Adventure Park since the original view deck has been damaged by 7.2 magnitude earthquake the new viewing deck at Chocolate Hills Adventure Park (CHAP) provides an alternative magnificent view of the hills.
|View of the Chocolate Hills from Chocolate Hills Adventure Park in Carmen, Bohol.|
Their main receiving area has a café and souvenir shop, restaurant fronting a pond and a band playing local songs. Staffs welcome you at the reception desk area. The entrance fee is P60.
This pathway takes you by a Philippine long-tailed macaque (monkey) , and a "serpentarium" that exhibits snakes and other animals.
|Philippine long-tailed macaque (monkey)|
A 248-step stone pathway leads to the wooden view deck that offers a view of perfect slopes of the Chocolate Hills.
At the top of the hill is the Honesty Café. No staffs are around so guests who help themselves to beverages and snacks are asked to leave payment according to price labels indicated.
|Honesty Cafe (left side)|
In addition the viewing deck, CHAP offer thrilling outdoor attractions such as a zipline, canopy walk, hiking trail, various tree top adventures like monkey bridge, pipe dreams, a bike zip-- a 275 meter zip line using a mountain bike to cross from one chocolate to another and they will build around 40 rooms designed as ' bahay kubo.'
HOW TO GET THERE:
CHAP, which is owned and run by Camanayon Hill Development Corp . The Chocolate Hills Adventure Park is located at Brgy. Buenos Aires, Carmen, Bohol.
* If you’re coming from Cebu, you can take the fast craft (Ocean Jet around P500). The travel time is less than 2 hours.
* From the Tagbilaran port, you ride a tricycle to the bus terminal in Dao .
* At the terminal, you ride a bus/van headed to Carmen. The travel time is 45 minutes to one hour. The bus will stop at the Chocolate Hills Adventure Park. (P60 pesos person)
* From Cebu, you can take the M/V Star Craft to Tubigon port.
* From the Tubigon port, you ride a multicab/bus (P50 per person) to Poblacion Carmen.
* From Poblacion Carmen, you ride a bus headed to Tagbilaran City and ask the driver to drop you off at the Chocolate Hills Adventure Park.
Exploring Bohol: Chocolate Hills Adventure Park (CHAP) Reviewed by The Backpack Man on 2:07:00 AM Rating: