Climbing at Mt. Maculot-Rockies, Batangas

Climbing was on my list. I never had a chance to do it until I met Jin and Mark. Honestly I don't know what it takes to be called " a mountaineer" all I've got is passion and want to be on top of a mountain.
Last Sunday August 26, 2012, Jin of Jinjiruks.blogspot.com invited me to join his day hike to Mt. Maculot-Rockies. Actually, I really am looking for inexpensive , quick and easy hikes around the nearby provinces of Metro Manila. ( Ayos!) Climbing to Mt. Maculot is a great chance for me to practice my potential hiking skills :)lol Our call time at 7/11 Store LRT-Gil Puyat was 5:30 am. And we boarded a bus bound for Lemery, Batangas as it will pass by our destination, Cuenca, Batangas and it's just about 3 hours ride.
The bus dropped us in front of the Arch of the Town of Cuenca where tricycles are already waiting for potentials Mt. Maculot hikers. Actually Jin and I, really don't know the place until we met veteran mountaineers Ian and Anna ayun sumabay na kami ni Jin sa kanila, diba ang galing talaga ni God. The tricycle brought us first to the registration area and we registered and paid P10 before we headed to the Rockies jump-off.
Around 9:30 am, we started the trek. 
About 3/4 of the trail, I was amazed when came across some mountaineers were now descending back to the mountain's foot; they told me that I'm nearing the camp site. I walked for about 20 minutes more, and finally I reached the camp site.
After a few minutes of rest, we resumed the climb at the Mt. Maculot- Rockies. At the Rockies , one is offered a breathtaking scenic view, encompassing the whole of Taal Lake including the world-famous Taal volcano.

Furthermore, Thank you to Jin, Ma'am Anna and Sir Ian
Things to Bring:
Trekking shoes
Gloves
Slippers
Sun and Rain Protection (Sunblock, rain coat, shades, cap, jacket etc..)
Water
Snacks
Extra plastic
Toiletries
Personal Medications
Camera
BUDGET excluding Food:
  • Bus from Manila to Cuenca, Batangas - P147.00
  • Tricycle to Rockies Jump-off - P20.00/head
  • Tricycle from Brgy. Don Juan to highway - P25.00/ head
  • Jeep to Lipa City - P24.00
  • Bus from Lipa City to Manila - P124.00
  • Registration Fee - P10.00


Total Budget - P350.00
CHECK ALSO:
google.com, pub-5448445169037157, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0